Equality Impact Assessments
The Purpose of the Course
This highly interactive and practical training programme enables individuals to gain a clearer insight into how the Equality Impact Assessment process relates to the Equality Act 2010. Participants will understand the key role that Equality Impact Assessments play in ensuring fairness and parity in their organisation. Participants will go away with the knowledge so that they feel confident in conducting an inclusive Equality Impact Assessment
Benefits for Your Organisation
The course will ensure that you are aware of how to conduct an effective Equality Impact Assessment. This in turn will help staff to sign up to it and take ownership for them thus preventing your organisation from potentially damaging claims.
- The Legal Context of Equality Impact Assessments (EIA)
- Review of the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty
- What are Equality Impact Assessments?
- Who should be involved? What advice to seek? How long should they be?
- What are the likely key outcomes from an EIA
- Screening for relevance – case studies
- 8-point guide to producing an EIA
- Conducting a full EIA
- Checking the impact in reality
- Mainstreaming the EIA process
- Devise an action plan for your own personal development
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define the relationship between the Equality Act and Equality Impact Assessments
- Understand the key role that Equality Impact Assessments have
- Understand the process for conducting an effective Equality Impact Assessment
- Explain the issues to consider when conducting an assessment
- Identify the key elements in monitoring the process
- Understand how to encourage effective usage of assessments
What Our Clients Say!
A great course and very important for taxi drivers, especially very helpful for new drivers.
Before the training I was able to contact Garry about what I needed in terms of my disability and I am very happy that I was able to join in and participate.
It is an interesting and informative course. I have learnt a lot to help people in my work place.
Excellent delivery, very up to date, keep the great work up. Could come back for more anytime.
Very unique to think this is the world we live in. However, it took today’s course to bring it to the front of our minds!
Well worth the investment and certain to pay dividends in improved perception of the course.
Both trainers for were engaging and made the day enjoyable. The information they gave was interesting and very informative. I go away today feeling like I have learned a little bit more about myself. Thanks a lot.
Garry’s relaxed conversational approach enables participation and engagement on a non-glamour subject to a level which is beneficial to attendees and helps preference real world situations.
The training was an opportunity to refresh any prior knowledge and expand upon this update. The training was delivered is an engaging manner, using a diverse range of methods and activities. The day was both interesting and enjoyable.
This training was informative and fun. It incorporated a range of different activities to keep the group entertained. The trainer was helpful and always answered everyone’s questions.
Please enter your email to subscribe and get the latest updates from us.