Introduction to Safeguarding Children
The Purpose of the Course
This course is suitable for newly qualified staff and newly appointed staff at an early level of expertise working in this field. Staff who have contact with children and/or their families and will work directly with them.
Child protection and safeguarding is a vital and potentially lifesaving duty of anyone who works with children. In taking our courses, you can ensure that you understand your responsibilities for any children under your care, and feel confident in carrying out the appropriate actions should you have any concerns.
Benefits for Your Organisation
This course will ensure that staff are aware of the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children. It will promote the importance of good practice and inter-agency working. Helping all participants to become aware of how this can make a difference in safeguarding children and young people.
- What is safeguarding in respect of children and young people
- Safeguarding boards and inter-agency working
- Categories of abuse
- Signs and symptoms of abuse
- Roles and responsibilities
- The Common assessment framework
- Good practice – Ways of obtaining support and guidance
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the national and local context to safeguarding children and the relationship to safeguarding Children’s board
- Describe what constitutes child abuse
- State roles and responsibilities if worried about a child
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of other workers
- List ways to promote the safety of children
- Know where to receive support and guidance that will help promote good practice
- Describe how the Common Assessment Framework can be used to support children and their families
What Our Clients Say!
A great course and very important for taxi drivers, especially very helpful for new drivers.
Before the training I was able to contact Garry about what I needed in terms of my disability and I am very happy that I was able to join in and participate.
It is an interesting and informative course. I have learnt a lot to help people in my work place.
Excellent delivery, very up to date, keep the great work up. Could come back for more anytime.
Very unique to think this is the world we live in. However, it took today’s course to bring it to the front of our minds!
Well worth the investment and certain to pay dividends in improved perception of the course.
Both trainers for were engaging and made the day enjoyable. The information they gave was interesting and very informative. I go away today feeling like I have learned a little bit more about myself. Thanks a lot.
Garry’s relaxed conversational approach enables participation and engagement on a non-glamour subject to a level which is beneficial to attendees and helps preference real world situations.
The training was an opportunity to refresh any prior knowledge and expand upon this update. The training was delivered is an engaging manner, using a diverse range of methods and activities. The day was both interesting and enjoyable.
This training was informative and fun. It incorporated a range of different activities to keep the group entertained. The trainer was helpful and always answered everyone’s questions.
Please enter your email to subscribe and get the latest updates from us.